1. For the purpose of encouraging citizens’ art creation activities in order to enhance the comprehensive art creation quality of the nation, expanding arts education, fairly and properly utilizing social education resources, and establishing decent management and utilization system of the exhibition room of the National Taiwan Arts Education Center (hereinafter referred to as the Center) the Center hereby formulated the Directions of the Exhibition Rooms Management and Utilization.
2. The exhibition room mentioned here refers to the Exhibition Room III.
3. The exhibition room is available for those types of artworks include ink wash painting, calligraphy, oil painting, watercolor painting, gouache, graphic arts, sculpture, seal cutting, graphic design, craft, pottery, photography, mixed media, installation art, interactive art and other types of artworks that are appropriate to put on display at the center.
4. The Exhibition Room is available for the use of open exhibitions and invitational exhibitions.
5. Open exhibitions:
(1) Qualifications: ROC citizens, overseas Chinese, and all domestic public and private institutions, groups, schools are eligible to apply for exhibitions. In addition, overseas Chinese are required to authorize representatives who are the residents of Taiwan to deal with the application matters.
(2) Dates of application: application dates are open from June 1st to August 31st for scheduling the exhibitions of the next coming year. The applications and all related documents or materials should be submitted during this period.
(3) Application requirements: the Exhibition Application Form and the Exhibition Artworks Verification List should be submitted to the Center. The application forms and the verification lists can be requested via postal mail, or in-person at the Center. Both two documents can also be downloaded from the Center’s website. 5x7 photo print samples or digital photo samples (all documents created in the PowerPoint format under the Microsoft Windows OS and stored in compact disks) of all artworks are also required to submit to the Center as the attached application materials.
A. For an individual exhibition, it has to be at least 15 pieces of artworks to be displayed; for a group exhibition, it has to be at least 20 pieces of artworks to be displayed; each member of the group exhibitioner is required to contribute the same amount of the artworks as other members do in a group exhibition. Unapproved artists are prohibited to display their artworks in any exhibitions.
B. For those 3D artworks which are intended to put on display, the photographs of each item’s front, side, and top view need to be attached with the applications while submitting.
C. Each artwork either in photo print samples or digital photo samples are required to be specified with the artist’s name, title, size, artistic media, and the year of completion. Furthermore, the photo print samples should be in A4 size bounded containing front cover page, back cover page, and table of contents.
D. The application materials will not be returned unless self-address stamped envelops are included with the submitted application materials. Also, it is recommended to make additional copies for their application materials.
(4) Verification and announcement: All applications will be verified by the Center, and the exhibition dates of the approved applications would be scheduled by the Center as well. The results of the schedule will be sent to the applicants by postal mails and announced on the website of the Center.
(5) Exhibition dates scheduling: Applicants’ exhibition dates at the Exhibition Room will be scheduled according to the activities of the Center. All approved exhibitions will be scheduled for 2 to 3 weeks each time including installing and dismantling. The opening hours of the Exhibition Room is from 9 am to 5 pm.
(6) Fee and obligations: after the applications of the open exhibitions have been approved, applicants are required to compliance with the following requirements.
A. The dates of the exhibitions will be scheduled by the Center. In addition, after the applicants are informed that the applications been approved, applicants would be required to sign the contracts with the Center no later than specific date stipulated by the Center. Exhibitions can be canceled only if the Center be informed by the applicants 4 months before the exhibitions start. Moreover, it would be possible that the canceled exhibitions be rescheduled if there are still other dates available in the year of the original scheduled dates. The Center will not accept any applications in the next coming 3 years if applicants delay to inform, or not informing at all to the Center for cancelling the scheduled exhibitions. Moreover, the submitted payment of the application is nonrefundable.
B. The rental fee for the exhibition venue is NT$600 per day or part thereof. In addition, payments must be paid off at least 30 days before the opening of applicants’ exhibitions.
C. The rental fee of the Exhibition Room will not be charged for those approved applications which are submitted and attached with official documents by institutions or schools.
D. Besides providing the venues and basic facilities for exhibitions, the Center will not provide any other services and additional facilities, or pay for any related costs regarding to the exhibitions. If applicants intend to provide opening receptions, they are required to inform the Center of the upcoming events 15 days before the events occur. Applicants may request for the propaganda services of the Center to advertise the exhibitions only if the applicants provide related documents to the Center two months before the opening of the exhibitions.
6. Invitational exhibition:
(1) Invitational exhibitions will be conducted and scheduled according to the annual exhibition program of the Center. Invitational exhibition candidates including noted artists, art groups, and schools.
(2) Invitational exhibition candidates with one of the following qualifications are eligible to be invited as the exhibitioners of the Center:
A. The candidate who has been arts related course lecturer (or above) at domestic or foreign colleges or universities approved by the Ministry of Education.
B. The candidate who has been a member of evaluation/judge committees for domestic province/city (or above) level art exhibitions.
C. The candidate who has been a member of evaluation/judge committees for international well known art exhibitions.
D. The candidate has been awarded with top 3 honors from the “National Art Exhibition”and “MOE Literature and Arts Creation Award”, or has been invited to be the exhibitioner of the 2 event mentioned above.
E. The candidate who possesses distinguished achievement on art which is domestically and internationally renowned and been documented.
F. The group has been the exhibitioner of international joint exhibitions which are for the purpose of arts education or annually national professional exhibitions.
(3) For those invited exhibitioners, including groups or schools, who are required to submit artworks album, exhibition invitation, Exhibition Artworks Verification List (the list can be downloaded from the Center’s website), and other related qualification documents to the Center within an agreed-upon period of time for its verification. Also, the Center may submit all the documents mentioned above to the review board for an examination procedure.
(4) Invitational exhibitions are organized by the Center. Aside from that exhibitioners are required to provide free artworks for invitational exhibitions, all sorts of the exhibition related services, facilities, and devices will be provided by the Center. Meanwhile, the exhibitioners will be invited to be a participant in conducting exhibition related arts education promoting activities. Moreover, the expenses of the activities mentioned above within the Center’s budget will be supported by the Center. The invited exhibitioners will not be required to pay the rental fee of exhibition venues as well.
7. Besides the policies mentioned above, exhibitioners are also required to compliance with the rules which listed as follows:
(1) All graphic artworks are required to be framed; unframed graphic artworks or 3D works without any protection applied on will not be recommended to put on display.
(2) Exhibiting venues are not available for floral basket placement, displaying any irrelevant items, or holding any commercial activities.
(3) All artworks of the exhibition are required to be dismantled completely on the last day of the exhibition by 05:00 pm and removed all the exhibition related materials from the exhibition venues by the end of the day. The Center would not take any responsibilities for the artworks storage if the delay dismantling and removing occurs. The exhibitioners should take fully responsibilities of cleaning, and compensations if any damage occurs.
(4) Group exhibitioner should assign group members to present at the exhibition, or assists to train the volunteers of the Center in order to illustrate the artworks and promote arts education to the visitors at the exhibition.
(5) Without the Center’s approval, all sorts of unapproved artworks, publicities, brochures and other promotional information regarding to the exhibition may not be displayed or used.
(6) For the purpose of promoting art education, the Center may reserve the rights such as, photographing, filming, broadcasting, publicizing, educating, and promoting to the artworks of the exhibitions, for non-profit use.
(7) The Center may refuse to schedule applicants’ exhibition because of the reasons such as, applicants’ exhibition materials violating the establishing mission or the Directions of the Exhibition Room Management and Utilization of the center, the activities of the exhibition offending other people or violating the moral standards of the society. If there is any infringement occurs, instead of the Center, the exhibitioners should take all legal responsibilities of the following consequences.
(8) Exhibitioners may be requested to reschedule their exhibition dates due to the Center’s unexpected circumstances.
8. Matters not mentioned herein will be handled by other related regulations of the Center.