1.All six articles were established and promulgated through ROC
Presidential Order Hua-Zong-(I)-Yi-Zi No.1010002281 dated
February 03, 2012, with the enforcement by Executive Yuan
Yuan-shou-yan-zong-zi No.1012260345 to be taken into force from
January 01, 2013.
The Ministry of Education shall establish the National Taiwan Library (hereinafter referred to as “NTL”) to administer the affairs of acquiring, processing, preserving, utilizing and promoting publications and information resources and in particular that of Taiwan Study researching and promoting.
The NTL shall be in charge of the following matters:
1. Collecting, acquiring, classifying, cataloging and exchanging for publication and information resources.
2. Reading, circulating, audiovisual service, parent-children joint learning and visual impaired service for publication and information resources.
3. Reference, archive collection and microfilm reading, maintenance and preservation service for publication and information resources.
4. Hold social education, arts and cultural events, research and development for Taiwan Study and the planning and establishing of information systems.
5. Planning, coordinating and maintenance of the Yangmingshan Zhongshan Building.
6. Handling other affairs related to publication and information resources, so as to collect and promote Taiwan study information.
The NTL shall have one Director equivalent to senior grade 12 and as necessary, may be appointed in accordance with an equivalent qualification to that of or higher than that of the president of a junior college.
The NTL shall have one Chief Secretary equivalent to senior grade 10.
The ranks, grades and number of positions of NTL staff shall be governed by a separate personnel establishment table.
The date that this Act enters into effect shall be promulgated by the Executive Yuan.