Presidential Announcement Hua-Zong-Yi-Yi-Zi No. 10100022821 on
3rd February 2012
National Museum of Marine Biology and Aquarium (referred to as “The Museum”) was specially established by Ministry of Education for the marine scientific research, marine education, enhance the society on concept for conservation of marine resources and sustainable development.
The Museum is responsible for the following:
1. Marine scientific research, international cooperation, and planning and publishing of professional journal in marine biology
2. Planning and promoting marine science education, compiling and publishing marine science-related publications.
3. Planning, designing, specimen collections and marine organisms display in special exhibitions
4. Marine organism breeding, diseases treating, aquarium life support system operation and management, conservation of marine organism, and ecological research.
5. Operation, management and planning of the facilities and landscape in the museum.
6. Other marine organism related matters.
The Museum has a president, rank from grade twelve to thirteen, or can be appointed similar to the qualification of president in independent college when necessary. A vice president, rank grade twelve, or can be appointed similar to professor in independent college when necessary.
All other positions are listed separately.
The implementation date of this regulation is subjected to the command from Executive Yuan.