1. Ministry of Education (hereinafter referred to as MOE) sets down the tuition grant guidelines for students who study in private secondary schools and 5-year junior colleges (hereinafter referred to as first three years of junior colleges), with the aim to implement the goal of 12-year compulsory education policy and to shorten the tuition differences between public and private schools as well as to meet the principle of equal education opportunities.
Students are currently enrolled in school with ROC nationality, attending the following schools:
(1) Private secondary schools: refer to private high schools, daytime and evening sessions of vocational
schools, and continuing/supplementary schools.
(2) Private junior colleges: first three years.
The before-mentioned students who meet the following conditions may apply for private tuition grants based on the fourth point of the first paragraph of the guidelines:
(1) The households with annual income of NT 9 hundred thousand dollars or less. However, students in special cases are not subject to this restriction after being examined by the school and reported to the educational authority for approval.
(2)The households have only no more than two items of real estate, or households with more than three items of property, the sum of the present value of its real property costs less than NT 6.5 million dollars, or annual interest income less than NT 10 thousand dollars. But the students recognized by the school mate the fifth article the two first item of the Social Assistance Act are not subject to this restriction.
(3) The student who re-read at the original school, transfer to other school or go back to school does not possess its original term of the grant.
The first paragraph of the foregoing calculation of annual income of household members, including students and their parents or legal representatives. However, married students, students themselves and their spouses are taken into account.
(A) Private tuition differential subsidies:
1. Private senior high school students: per semester will be granted by the difference that is subtracted the public school tuition from the amount of tuition declared by the private school the student attend; the standard of tuition charged to students, depending on the year amount set by the executive in charge of education in principle.
2. Private first three years of junior college students: per semester will be granted by the difference that is subtracted the average tuition of public junior college from the amount of tuition declared by the private school the student attend; the subsidy amount to no more than private senior high schools (non-art subjects) the maximum grant per semester amount. The difference of average tuition foregoing, depending on the year set by the executive in charge of education in principle.
3. Private schools approved by the competent educational authority to participate in the pilot measures elastic charges, or for evaluation of merit and approved by the competent educational authority fees charged to students from the restrictions of laws, causing the amount of tuition declared by the school will be higher than the limitation of the private school tuition set by the executive in charge of education, their grant will be the difference between the limit or the average of private school tuition and the standard or the average of public school tuition.
(B) Private senior high school students fixed tuition subsidies:
The students who do not meet the requirements of the above-mentioned and the regulations of private senior high school tuition subsidies granted by d municipal government the subsidies will be NT. 5 thousand dollars..
5. The way to pay tuition
(A) The freshmen in the first semester adopt two-stage charging approach:
a. The first stage: students may choose the way to pay tuition among the following ways: they can choose to pay in a single lump sum (including tuition and fees, practice fees and collection and pay), the full cost of tuition and other fees o public schools, or only pay the fees except for the tuition in advance.
b. The second stage: once the investigation of subsidies’ family annual income is completed, the tuition bill printed by the audit results, and will inform students the amount of tuition they must pay or will be refunded.
(B) Except the freshmen, all the other students in each semester: before the end of the previous semester, students fill out the applications and hand to the school, and then the school compile a list of students. The list will be audited by the education authorities for the allocation of subsidies.
(C) Schools should provide free charge for the procedure of tuition payment.
(a) For the students:
1. By the end of each semester students must complete the application form and hand the household registration inspection (returned after inspection) to school, if necessary, a transcript of household registration within three months must be attached.
2. If there is any doubts on the results of the Ministry of Finance Tax Center investigation should directly ask the duty levy institution to review it during the application period (Ministry of Finance Tax Center and review the operation of this Part is not available). After the review the school will audit it again. Exceeds the time limit regards with gives up.
3. For special incidents within the time limit does not apply should complete the application form before the make-up deadline. After the review the school will audit it again. Exceeds the time limit regards with gives up.
4. If the students meet the requirements of the Directly Controlled Municipalities government subsidy, schools should help them according to related regulations apply the subsidies.
(b) For the School:
1. Each semester, schools should accept the applications according with the former regulations.
2. Schools should exam the application form and relevant documents, and keep copy for future reference.
3. Within the prescribed period, schools should submit two copies of the statistical table of applicant numbers and one copy of receipt to the education authorities and audited for the allocation of subsidies.
4. Schools should submit all the data of application within the prescribed time limit according with the required format, and schools should upload all the data to the NationalSenior High School and Vocational High School Student Tuition Subsidy Website. If there is any transaction of data that should be done within the deadline. Exceeds the time limit will not be accepted.
5. Those who apply for completion by specific incidents, the school should audit it specially and submit to the education authorities for the allocation of subsidies. Exceeds the time limit will not be accepted.
(C) For MOE:
1. After collecting the application data uploaded by schools on the NationalSenior High School and Vocational High School Student Tuition Subsidy Website, Moe submit the data to the Ministry of Finance Tax Data Center for investigation, and the result will be announced on the website to provide the inquiry and download service for schools..
2. Moe grants the funds after schools submit the receipt and the statistical table of applicant numbers.
3. Moe will inspect the applications schools submitted by random, if there is any make-up the funds will be asked to return, .and the case will be take into consideration when the certification of private school subsides is audited.
4. The flow of application, audit and appropriation will be made by Moe.
7. Those students who are given subsidies or other government fees deduction and exemption of school tuition, should choose one application, not duplicate claim. Violation of the regulation shall return the amount of the subsidies. The students suspend or withdraw from school before the one-third of the semester shall return all the amount of the subsidies.
8. The private senior high schools authorized by municipal government when applying for the grants, the subsidies from Moe will be limited to 50％, and the application will be deal with according to the following rules:
(A) This subsidy is in accordance with the means of central government to municipality and county (city) government subsidy practices and the principles of Moe to municipality and county (city) government subsidy practices based on project. Within 1 month after the start of semester, schools shall account the amount of subsidies in accordance with this guideline. After the audit of municipality city government，it will be submit ted to Moe for the allocation of subsidies.
(b)The municipal city government shall the results of the practices of subsidies and the grants in accordance with the related regulations of Moe grant subsidies for commission. Moe will organized a team including experts, scholars and administrative staffs to visit the municipal private senior high schools or county (city) private senior high schools to survey the actual practices, if it is needed.
(C) The subsidies Moe grants to municipality city government is 50％ of the difference that is subtracted the fixed amount of subsidies from the difference between the public school tuition and the private school tuition.