Promulgated on February 3, 2012.
The Ministry of Education shall establish the National Education Radio Station (hereinafter referred to as “NERS”) to administer the nation’s educational broadcasting related affairs.
The NERS shall be in charge of the following matters:
1. Planning and execution of education policy, and promotion of decrees.
2. Planning, production, digitization management and marketing of educational radio programs, and educational news programs.
3. Assistance and promotion of school radio education.
4. Promotion of social education and public service.
5. Other matters relating to educational broadcasts.
The NERS shall have one Director at senior grade 12, when necessary, may be subject to the same qualification requirements for a junior college president or higher; and one deputy director at senior grade 11.
The ranks, grades and number of positions of NERS staff shall be governed by a separate organization chart.
The date that this Act enters into effect shall be gazetted by the Executive Yuan.