1. Announced November 05,1997
2. Amended March 16,2005
3. Amended March 31,2005
4. Amended May 24,2013
5. Repealed November 29,2018
1. For the purpose of promoting art education and encouraging the potential artists to reveal their creative artworks to the public; furthermore, in terms of enlightening civilian interests of arts, enhancing the management of the outdoor surrounding area of the National Taiwan Arts Education Center (hereinafter referred to as the Center), and establishing the best utilization system of the facilities of the Center, the Center hereby formulated the Policy of the Outdoor Gallery Management and Utilization .
2. The Outdoor Gallery sets forth in the Policy referred to the outdoor surrounding area of the Center, and the usage of the purpose is for arts exhibitions. The application requirements for exhibitions of the Outdoor Gallery are listed as follows:
(1) Types of exhibition: artworks which regarding to fine art, music, drama, dance, film, design, photography, and other types of artworks are appropriate for outdoor exhibition of the Center.
(2) Applicants: the Outdoor Gallery is available for organizations, groups, institutions, schools, and individuals to apply for exhibitions.
The specifications of exhibiting artworks: the limits for plain artworks and reproduction of length and width are not exceeding (3) 110cm; rubbing or laminating (unframed) is required.
(4) Dates of application: application dates are open from June 1st to August 31st for scheduling the exhibitions of the next coming year. The applications and all related documents or materials should be submitted during this period.
(5) Application requirements: the Outdoor Gallery Exhibition Application Form and the Outdoor Gallery Exhibition Artworks Verification List should be submitted to the Center. The application forms and the verification lists can be requested via postal mail, or in-person at the Center. Both two documents can also be downloaded from the Center’s website. 5x7 photo print samples or digital photo samples (all documents created in the PowerPoint format under the Microsoft Windows OS and stored in compact disks) of all artworks are also required to submit to the Center as the attached application materials.
A. For an individual exhibition, it has to be at least 15 pieces of artworks to be displayed; for a group exhibition, it has to be at least 20 pieces of artworks to be displayed; each member of the group exhibitioner is required to contribute the same amount of the artworks as other members do in a group exhibition. Unapproved artists are prohibited to display their artworks in any exhibitions.
B. Each artwork either in photo print samples or digital photo samples are required to be specified with the artist’s name, title, size, artistic media, and the year of completion. Furthermore, the photo print samples should be in A4 size bounded containing front cover page, back cover page, and table of contents.
C. The application materials will not be returned unless self-address stamped envelops are included with the submitted application materials. Also, it is recommended to make additional copies for their application materials.
(6) Verification and announcement:
All applications will be verified by the Center, and the exhibition dates of the approved applications would be scheduled by the Center as well. The results of the schedule will be sent to the applicants by postal mails and announced on the website of the Center.
(7) Exhibition dates scheduling:
Applicants’ exhibition dates at the Outdoor Gallery will be scheduled according to the activities of the Center. All approved exhibitions will be scheduled for 4 weeks each time including installing and dismantling.
(8) Fee and obligations: applicants are required to compliance with the following instructions after the applications of the exhibitions have been approved.
A. The dates of the exhibitions will be scheduled by the Center. In addition, after the applicants are informed that the applications been approved, applicants would be required to sign the contracts with the Center no later than specific date stipulated by the Center. Exhibitions can be canceled only if the Center be informed by the applicants 4 months before the exhibitions start. Moreover, it would be possible that the canceled exhibitions be rescheduled if there are still other dates of the Outdoor Gallery available in the year of the original scheduled dates. The Center will not accept any applications in the next coming 3 years if applicants delay to inform, or not informing at all to the Center for cancelling the scheduled exhibitions.
B. Exhibitioners will not be charged by the Center for the use of the Outdoor Gallery; besides providing the space for exhibitions, the Center will not provide any other services or pay for any related costs regarding to the exhibitions.
C. Applicants may be requested for rescheduling the exhibitions due to unexpected events or emergencies.
3. Besides the policies mentioned above, exhibitioners are also required to compliance with the rules which listed as follows:
(1) All artworks of the exhibition are required to be dismantled completely on the last day of the exhibition by 05:00 pm and removed all the exhibition related materials from the gallery by the end of the day. The Center would not take any responsibilities for the artworks storage if the delay dismantling and removing occurs. The exhibitioners should take fully responsibilities of cleaning, and compensations if any damage occurs.
(2) Group exhibitioner should assign group members to present at the exhibition, or assists to train the volunteers of the Center in order to illustrate the artworks and promote arts education to the visitors at the exhibition.
(3) Without the Center’s approval, all sorts of unapproved artworks, publicities, brochures and other promotional information regarding to the exhibition may not be displayed or used.
(4) For the purpose of promoting art education, the Center may reserve the rights such as, photographing, filming, broadcasting, publicizing, educating, and promoting to the artworks of the exhibitions, for non-profit use.
(5) The Center may refuse to schedule applicants’ exhibition because of the reasons such as, applicants’ exhibition materials violating the establishing mission or the Directions of the Outdoor Gallery Management and Utilization of the Center, the activities of the exhibition offending other people or violating the moral standards of the society. If there is any infringement occurs, instead of the Center, the exhibitioners should take all legal responsibilities of the following consequences.
4. Publicities: applicants may apply for the propaganda services of the Center to advertise applicants’ exhibitions, only if the applicants submit the application and the related information to the Center two months before the opening of the exhibitions.
5. Matters not mentioned herein will be handled by other related regulations of the Center.