1. The National Taiwan Arts Education Center (now called our Center) specially formulated these main points to strengthen the use efficiency of the
Nan Hai Theater,
the building equipment, promote arts education, and upgrade the performance level.
2. Use Scope and Qualifications
(1) The Nan Hai Theater mentioned by these main points refers to the indoor venues, which our Center provides for performing arts activities. These
provided for performances and the audience's moving sphere include the stage, the backstage, the controlling room, the front
hall, the audience seats, and the toilets.
(2) Our Center's Nan Hai Theater provides our Center for organizing various kinds of arts education activities; in addition, it provides exclusively
organizations, official schools, legally registered private schools and civic groups, or nationals of full age (over 20 years old)
of the Republic of China for organizing music, dance, theater, drama, folklore arts, movies, entertainment performances, or related arts
3. Time Periods and Expenses of Use
(1) Periods to Use the Venue: Periods available for use in the daily area are divided into 3 sections and each last for 3 hours and thirty minutes.
These sections are
respectively 8:30 -12:00 a.m.; 1:30 - 5:00 p.m., and 6:30 - 10:00 p.m. for stage set-up, rehearsal, performance, load-out,
audience entering and exiting the venue.
(2) Exceeding sections are only allowed for setup, rehearsal, and load-out.
(3) All fees for using the venue and facilities in our Center will be charged in compliance with the regulations of the Venue and Facility
Maintenance Fee Standards for
National Taiwan Arts Education Center.
(4) During the period of venue use (excluding the days off), if relevant equipment, sets, props or musical instruments are on the stage area while
no preparation or
performance work is undergoing, the fees will be charged as the stage setup/ rehearsal in the morning section.
4. Application and Use Procedure
(1) Application Period and Necessary Documents:
A. Applications for events held in January to June next year are open every March; applications for events to be held in July to December next year
are open every September.
The application submission period is 1 month. For the exact period, please refer to the public announcement issued by
B. For applications submitted after the deadline specified in the previous paragraph, if there are still available time slots, last-minute
applications shall be submitted at
least 30 days before the first use of the venue.
C. When applying, application units (applicants) should submit a program application (see attachment), proposal, proof of qualifications, and other
A. Our Center holds a review committee meeting to review all applications in every April and October.
B. Last-minute applications submitted after the regular review meeting, based on the time slots applied and the nature of the events, a last-minute
review committee meeting
or a written application review will be held.
(3) Notification and sign of a contract:
A. Our Center will send off the notification within 10 days after examining.
B. For applications approved by the review committee, the application units (applicants) need to sign a contract with our Center and pay for the
deposit within 1 month upon
receiving the notification from our Center. Those who fail to do so will have the right to use the venue revoked.
The opening slots will either be taken by another application unit (applicant) on the waiting list or be open for applications again.
A. After the fee is determined, the application unit (applicant) should pay 1/5 of the total fees within a specific period. The application unit
(applicant) should pay the
remaining fees 1 week before the first use of the venue.
B. If an application unit (applicant) fails to pay the fees according to the regulations, our Center may cancel their /his/her right to use the
(5) Technical coordination:
Application units (applicants) should come to our Center at latest 1 week before using the venue, and coordinate related technical support as
well as the front stage service with the technical staff and the application units (applicants)so that all work can be proceeded well. Should
something disobey orders and cause delay, so that the activity couldn’t proceed well, the application units (applicants) are to take the
5. Preferential Terms for Venues Use
(1) Participant organizations of activities which are handed over by Ministry of Education, and organized, undertaken, or co-organized by our Center,
venue rental fees may be
(2) Governmental organizations, schools, and non-commercial educational & cultural institutes or public wealth groups are given special discount of
20 % to their venue’s
6. Change and cancel of Activity Content
A. If an application unit (applicant) requests to make changes to the event (key
performers, form or contents of the event) due to special reasons, such a request should be submitted in writing 2 months before the event. The
application unit (applicant) can only proceed with it after obtaining the approval from our Center.
B. For a change of performance numbers or equipment used, the application unit
(applicant) needs to submit the application and pay for any
additional fees 7 days before the
C. If an application unit (applicant) fails to apply within a specific period, our Center
may reject such an application. The application unit
(applicant) should proceed
with the event with the contents previously approved by our Center.
A. After the contract has been signed, the activity cannot be canceled arbitrarily. However, if an activity cannot be held as planned due to an air
raid, a natural
catastrophe, and an irresistible reason, the application unit (applicant) should describe the reasons clearly in written form and
propose an application to our Center. The expense will be returned after the application is examined and confirmed. Our Center is generally not
responsible for compensating the application unit’s (applicant’s) damage.
B. In addition to the reasons specified in the preceding paragraphs, if an application unit (applicant)would like to cancel the event after the
contract is signed, such a
request should be submitted in writing 3 months before the event. Failing to do so, canceling or terminating the event
without the prior permission from our Center, the deposit, and fees paid for using the venue by the application unit (applicant) will not be
refunded but remitted to the national treasury. The right to use the venue is not transferable to another application unit (applicant). Our
center will take back the right to use the venue.
(3) Application units (applicants) are generally responsible for ticket affairs and other related matters to which the above-mentioned activity
content change and cancel
7. Retraction and Stop Use of the Venues
(1) Retraction of the venues: If our Center has to retract the venues of the Nan Hai Theater for use need, it must notify application units
(applicants) to change the time.
If it's impossible to change the time, our Center will return the paid expenses without interest. The former
application unit (applicant) cannot have any objection; neither can he ask for any compensation.
(2) Stop use:
Our Center can stop use of the venues because of one of the following matters. The paid expenses will generally not be returned; neither can the
application units (applicants) ask for any compensation:
A. The activity violates government's policy, laws, good and honest manners, and goes counter to social education.
B. The activity content doesn't conform to the originally registered one, or the venues are transferred to other people for use without our Center's
C. Activities that are dangerous or may damage the venues by soiling our Center's venues, facilities and may disturb the on-the-spot orders.
D. Other activities that don't conform to our Center's purposes.
8. Equipment Use and Damage Compensation
(1) It should be processed according to the Facilities & Equipment Use Notes of the Nan Hai Theater of our Center to use the stage lighting, hi-fi
facilities, electric power system, and other equipment. It's not allowed to start up or add equipment presumptuously without
approval of the responsible staff.
(2) If application units (applicants) use the facilities and equipment of the Nan Hai Theater of our Center, it or he should maintain them with care.
Should there be damage or
shortage, the application unit (applicant) should be responsible for the compensation or restoration according to them.
9. Sound Recording, Video Recording, Photographing, Relaying, and Data Use
(1) Application units (applicants) should control matters concerning sound recording, video recording, photographing, or relaying by himself, and
should not affect the
quality of performance as well as viewing and enjoying. Should the actions of an application unit (applicant)- sound
recording, video recording, photographing, or relaying - violate rights of others, it or he is to take the responsibility by himself.
(2) Our Center should be authorized to use gratuitously the related dynamical and static materials provided by the application unit (applicant) on
application, when our
Center needs the materials for advertising, edition and print, data index inquiry, research, or education promotion.
(1) Our Center is an art educational institution that exercises the rating system strictly.The
rating of performances should be indicated clearly on
all promotional materials
and the staff of our Center should be notified beforehand.
(2) Application units (applicants)should include the following notice on the tickets and request the audience to follow through:
A. 1 ticket per person; admission by ticket only. According to the ticket description, the audience will either sit in an assigned seat specified on
their tickets or take
any available seat.
B. Children under the age of 7 may not enter the hall except for child performances.
C. The audience may enter the performance hall 30 minutes before the performance starts. Late audience may watch the live feed in the waiting area.
The staff will help them
gain entry to the hall at appropriate times or during the break so that they don't disturb other audience already inside.
D. To avoid violating other people’s rights and intellectual property rights, audio/video recording and taking photos are not permitted. During the
don't leave your seat unless you have to, make any noise, use a cellphone or other electronic device.
E. It's forbidden to dine, drink, chew betel nuts or chewing gum in the venues.
F. In order not to influence the others, late arrivals will be allowed only at intermission.
G. No audience is allowed to go on stage without prior arrangement. Please give your gifts such as flower bouquet to the staff for giving them to
the performers later.
(3) Ticket collection, poster, promotional material posts, and on-site sales in the surrounding areas of our Center are not permitted without
(4) For events offering free tickets, to be fair, please notify the staff of our Center beforehand and specify the locations, times, ways of ticket
collection and relevant
restrictions on the relevant website or promotional materials.
11. Notice for Venue Use
(1) To ensure public safety and the quality of venue use, application units (applicants) may not set up additional seats and occupy the passages. The
number of people
entering the performance hall may not exceed the total number of available seats. Not seats or work seats may be reserved without
the prior permission from our Center.
(2) Smoking and dangerous items are prohibited in the building. Food, beverage, gums and betel nuts are not allowed in the audience area, stage and
(3) Application units (applicants) are responsible for all the costumes, lighting equipment, and props in the hall. Our center will not be held
accountable for these items.
(4) Application units (applicants) should obtain prior permission from our Center before starting to install / set up the venue. Unless being
by our Center, actions
such as sticking objects, nailing, drilling, or painting in the hall, on the exterior walls, the floors and
facilities are not permitted. Application units (applicants) will be held responsible for any damages resulted from any of these actions.
(5) Floral baskets and bouquets shall be received by people from the application units (applicants) and properly placed in areas excluding the stage
and audience area; no
flowers or gifts that may damage or stain the stage or audience seating are allowed.
(6) Application units (applicants) should apply for the venue, facilities, and equipment in our Center beforehand. Please use them properly and with
caution while keeping
them clean. Unless approved, application units (applicants) may not move the equipment somewhere else. At the end of the
event, application units (applicants) should return all items to our Center in the same condition as they were received and a confirmation from
our Center must be obtained. If there is any damage or malfunction, our Center has the right to hold the application unit (applicant) responsible.
All items left behind by an application unit (applicant) will be considered trash and our Center has the right to dispose of it. The application
unit (applicant) may not object to such a decision and is responsible for any additional fees resulting from it.
(7) Making, painting, spraying, and decorating props/sets in our Center or its surrounding areas are prohibited. Application units (applicants) with
special needs, such
actions may be approved in the designated areas while additional protective measures should be taken after coordinating with
(8) No fires are allowed in all venues of our Center. Any decorations and equipment must not block or get in the way of firefighting or escaping
equipment. Unless approved
by our Center, relocation of equipment is not allowed.
(9) All application units (applicants) using the venues in our Center must follow the energy-conserving regulations of our Center.
12. Notice for Working in the Theatre
(1) Before working in the working areas such as the control rooms, and catwalk or operating, moving or altering the relevant equipment in the theatre
such as suspension
system and lift, application units (applicants) should obtain the permission from our Center and fill in the relevant
(2) For application units (applicants) that request additional equipment, prior coordination with and confirmation from our Center should be
obtained. Application units
(applicants) should use only safety certified equipment and the placement of such equipment must comply with all
fire safety, escaping regulations, and directions of our Center.
(3) External power should be handled by qualified electricians and prior permission from our Center should be obtained.
(4) For application units (applicants) who need to use smoke in performances, a confirmation from our Center should be obtained beforehand and smoke
detection alarms should
stay on throughout the performance. Our Center may revoke application units (applicants) the right to use the venue for
violating the regulation.
(5) Weight limits for the suspension system and ways of operation should comply with the technical manual. Overload is strictly prohibited.