1. Promulgated on February 21, 2018, taking effect on February 8, 2018.
2. Amendment on Octobrt 25, 2019.
A foreign special professional with special expertise in the field of education must meet one of the following requirements:
- The person has graduated with a doctoral degree from one of the top 200 universities in the most recent QS World University Rankings or Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
- The person has been engaged in teaching and research for more than five years and in the past five years has worked at one of the top 500 universities in the most recent QS World University Rankings or Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
- The person has won a Yushan (Young) Scholar award in Taiwan.
- Have held or currently hold a teaching, or research position, or providing professional services based on their individual knowledge and expertise in one or more public or private schools, colleges, or universities and their affiliated units, educational institutions, or research institutions, or engaged in work listed in the Education Services sector in the Central Product Classification published by the Public Construction Commission of the Executive Yuan, for five years or more, with their most recent monthly salary being at least NTD 160,000.